Thursday, November 03, 2005

Is the bowl half full, or half empty?

Well, apparently there was some value to church camp. I learned never to use an unexamined public toilet. Serves the heathen right.

CNN -- Glued to toilet, man sues Home Depot

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Home Depot was sued by a shopper from a Colorado store who claims he got stuck to a restroom toilet seat because a prankster had smeared it with glue. Bob Dougherty, 57, accused employees of ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes because they thought he was kidding.

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told The Daily Camera, of Boulder. "They just let me rot." ...

Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and Dougherty, "frightened and humiliated," passed out as they wheeled him out of the store, court papers said. The toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

15 minutes? You gotta be joking me. The horror...the horror. 15 minutes on a toilet is trauma? Some would call that heaven. Its not like no one was ever going to enter that public restroom again. At Home Depot he's lucky some 320 pound Bubba didn't tear the door off the hinges and rip him off his throne for spending 15 minutes there.

Besides, if it were me I would have panicked for about two minutes before ripping the damn seat off myself, walking out of the restroom with the seat glued to my ass and my pants around my ankles and announcing to the first shocked customers I encountered: "Never can find a clerk when you need one, huh?". How often does life present an opportunity to do something like that without getting arrested?

I say the bowl is half full...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home